cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Agent Fails

Joe_Hoggood_2
Level 2
I have 3 XP Pro machines in the same workgroup and when I right-click in tree view and "Add Computer" it adds it with a red X and "Error()" state then I say "Deploy Agent" and it fails with a

"Cannot deploy the Agent to PC4. Attempt to copy package failed."

I am logged into the Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop PC3 as local administrator (Win XP Pro with USB for backing up all 3 PC's) and trying to deploy the agent to PC4 (Win XP Pro).
7 REPLIES 7

Mr__Fabietto
Level 4
Employee
Hi Joe

Some suggestions here:

This error can occur for the following reasons.

No access the Admin$ share. Ensure there is access to this share on target machines.

Not enough disk space on the computer.
Agent install requires 60 MB. Full install (including .NET Framework 1.1) 210 MB.

Agents setup files are corrupted. Uninstall then re-install Backup Exec System Recovery from the CD to management computer. Restart, and re-deploy Agent files.

Firewall is enabled preventing access to the target computer. Ensure that required ports are open to allow deployment and management.

Simple File share is turned off (XP clients)

Mr Fabietto
http://fcerullo.spaces.live.com

Joe_Hoggood_2
Level 2
Thanks, yes, checked all that and no solution. C$ and ADMIN$ shares exist. I can browse both shares via UNC too logged into PC3 (Admin PC) as administrator.

John_Aldrich
Level 2
You say you're logged in as the *local* admin... Have you tried the domain admin user or someone with domain admin priveleges?

Joe_Hoggood_2
Level 2
These are Workgroup members not Domain member PC's so there is no domain admin account.

Eric_Vandeweyer
Level 2
Hi Joe,

It seems that I have the same kind of problem to deploy the agent.
After reading all the forum concerning problems of deploying the agent, it seems that your problem could be a missing right to communicate which is missing on your PC3.

Try to verify the DCOM prerequisites mentionned page 119 in the implementation's guide.

Eric.

stephane_boulet
Level 3
The DCOM thing is a Windows 2003 sp1 problem, he is trying to deploy to a Windows xp system.. (so do I) it looks like we are a few experiencin the same exact problem over here... I don't know what to think...

techno_nerd
Level 4
Have you tried to make sure that all three of the machines have the same
account on them and that the account is a local admin on all the machines? So make an account called Symantec that is a local admin on all 3 machines and make sure. Then deploy it using that account. Also, verify file and print sharing is enabled and simple file sharing is off.

Thanks,

Technonerd