cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB0013

shines
Level 2

I can't seem to find a solution to this problem on the forums but I do see a lot of threads about it. Here is the error the client has been getting on his computer:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Backup of All Drives Laptop. Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point. Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned long>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns.

Any Help would be much appreciated 

15 REPLIES 15

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This error is often caused by other backup applications on your system that might be using the same VSS provider as BESR, and not letting go of it. Do you have any other backup software on this machine? SQL backup? etc.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try a simple reboot !

criley
Employee Accredited

We have an orphan (pre-release fix) that resolves this issue. Please open a case with Technical Support so that we can get the orphan passed to you for testing.

Hope that helps.

shines
Level 2

Reboot didn't do the job and I checked to see if anything else was effecting the vss services and nothing was, I will try submitting a ticket again but last time I tried I kept getting Jboss errors when I clicked submit

shines
Level 2

I tried submitting the ticket via the phone as well and got bounced around and somehow ended up with a number for your employee services

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you using this number?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you resolve this case with technical support? As Chris said, there may be a fix for this.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

EZAce
Level 4

Does anybody have any information on this?

I found this article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58097

But find it more a stab in the dark than a real solution. I have been backing up to my NAS for years now and have never had this problem. I just popped up out of nowhere after an upgrade from version 8 to 2010. BESR 2010 worked fine for a week, then this issue started out of nowhere.

Anybody?

criley
Employee Accredited

EZAce; can you please confirm the EXACT error you are seeing?

EZAce
Level 4

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\), DATA (D:\).

Error EC8F040B: Cannot create incremental recovery point of D:\ drive.

Error E0BB0083: Unable to create incremental recovery point.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned long>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

criley
Employee Accredited

EZAce; that appears to match the known issue that we already have an orphan (beta fix) for. You need to open a case with support so that you can get the orphan.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?