cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC8F1F62: Cannot find external device ''.

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

My custoner has one server and one backup server. They attach to their backup server 3 TB external drives. One for each week of the month.

Their backup job is every Tuesday is a full backup followed by an incremental backup every day.

The backup job to the backup server runs perfectly every day and so does the offsite copy. The problem is that every day I see this log for their data (E:\) drive:

Info 6C8F1F5F: Created offsite copy \\server-02\g$\SERVER-01_E_Drive009_i002.iv2i.
Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

As any good tech would I verify the the drive and sure enough the file is there. Just to be sure, I even test and do a recovery and I have no problems there. Plus I dont get the message for the C:\ , D:\ and the system_reserved drives.

As you can guess, my question is why am I getting this message? I'm a little tired of explaining to my client who's not technical at all, that the backup went well that it had been tested.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

SP didn't work. What's the next step?

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

Could it be that it is so that it find old recovery points but can't find them. I noticed that they're not perfectly syncronized. There are old recovery points in my external drive. Here's another problem