cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when install agent from EasyInstaller.exe

Andrea_Annoe
Level 4
Partner Accredited

2008-06-23 14:14:33  [SYSER] [CleanupTempFiles         ] –  Failed to delete the file: C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller\BootStrap.exe LastError 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

I have create a new EasyInstaller.exe with all file incluse into package.

I have this error when try to install an agent with EasyInstaller.exe [ BESR(with interface) + agent + .net2.0 ] in a client WinXP.

I have BESR Manager 8.0.2 and the error in all test machine. I have more than 150 client to upgrade from BESR7.0 to BESR8.0. It's important that resolve the error without user interaction.

Please help me.

Andrea.

6 REPLIES 6

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Sounds like an InstallShield error issue that product development is currently investigating. As a work around till a fix is found and to still have no user interaction, you might want to create some scripts to  (1)   Uninstall BESR 7 by product GUID; reboot(2)   Uninstall BESR 7 by batch file(3)   Install BESR 8 as an agent only install; reboot

(4)   Install Management Control agent manually

GUID's for BESR 7

BESR 7.0x = A8EA8A55-FDBE-4875-B598-DDC15B298270
BEER 7.0x = D6FBE2F7-903E-47BB-B61C-5A30DB962848
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Index Control 7.0x
= B2851037-9F4D-487B-97EE-34FF9BB79AA4
BESRM 7.0x = A08FEF7D-B92F-4E74-9D5D-928D36F80D6F
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Management Control 7.0x
= 41A05D33-A526-4864-9D03-CDD91910EADE
Uninstall method by product
MsiExec.exe /X{PRODUCT_GUID} REBOOT=R SAVEDATA=0 /QN

Uninstall batch file for BESR 7

Is there an uninstall.bat file for BESR 7.0?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/292055

Install BESR 8 from command line script

Silent Install - Command Line parameters / switches for Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 7.0 and 8.0
http://support.veritas.com/docs/297125

Install Management Control agent manually

How to manually install Management Control on an agent machine. 
http://support.veritas.com/docs/292816

Andrea_Annoe
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi David,

I can't accept your solution for 2 thing:

1. I have the same error on a new installation (BESR Manager 8.0.2 without BESR Manager 7), The client with Windows XP SP2 and Windows XP SP3 don't work with same error... I have update case to Symantec and hope that thix fix can be resolve as soon as (The client don't believe in a product that don't install !!!) After some month from exit BESR Manager 8 is it possible that Symantec don't resolve this problem???
  2.  For client with more than 100 client is impossible to present a work around : manual install agent !!!

Please help me because this error is very critical for all every client that buy or upgrade to BESR Manager 8.

BESR Manager work with Windows Vista but the restore fail every time!!!

Rewrite an agent that work with Windows XP and restore with Windows Vista!!!

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Is the same error occuring with BESRM 8.5 on these client systems? Are there others having this same error message when using the Easy Installer package?

galbraithr
Level 3

Hi David,

I also am experiencing the same problem using BESRM 8.5, I have tried the suggested solution but this also fails.

Any another ideas are appreciated, thank you.

icehunter
Level 2

Hi Guy I had the same problem with a lot of server from version 8.0 to 8.5 opened a case with Symantec they tried lots of things but never got to the bottom of the problem it was a case of reboot manual uninstall the part failed install reboot try again in the end it worked on most of my server by copying the file local to the server and inportantly install the management agent on it own .

saying this I still have two exchange server that will not install but there windows 2003 64 bit server with exchange 2007 and I never got a answer from Symantec that fixed the problem :(

MyView
Level 2

Hi,

I also got the similar error but mime stuck at:

2009-01-19 10:08:59  [INFO ] [                         ] C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller\SetupConfig.ini does not exist
2009-01-19 10:08:59  [INFO ] [PrepForExecuteSetupBundle] - Setup Configuration file not found

I can't do the manual installation of management control as all machines(even the local BESRM) having the same problem!

I tried most of the suggestions in knowledge and also from support.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Thet