cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost 10 No Longer Works

Jack_James
Not applicable
I have been able to use Ghost 10 since rebuilding my PC and reinstalling the software.
I had a chat session with Symantec technical support which did not resolve. I am about ready to give up on Ghost as a backup tool.

I repeatedly get the following error messages.

Description: Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
Error EC8F03EC: Cannot initialize the Storage Management Engine.
Error E0BB000D: Device \\.\PhysicalDrive2 LBA 625142447 is beyond the end of the drive.
Details: 0xE0BB000D
Source: Norton Ghost

If I detach al my removable/external drives I get the following messages:

Description: Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
Error EC8F03EC: Cannot initialize the Storage Management Engine.
Error E0BB0117: Failed to initialize because another storage
1 REPLY 1

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Jack,

Well if Symantec Technical Support wasn't able to help, I'm not sure how useful my feedback will be.  :) 

I'm willing to try however. 

Did something change with your system that caused these errors to start occurring?  Did you add a new device, program, or make some other change?

This error in particular seems to indicate that Norton Ghost thinks there is something wrong with one of the drives in your system:

Error E0BB000D: Device \\.\PhysicalDrive2 LBA 625142447 is beyond the end of the drive.

My hunch is that a partition table error exists.  You could run the utility PartinNT.exe, save the contents to a text file, look for any errors in the file, then post the section with the errors in this thread.

Keep in mind however that I am not a member of Symantec Technical Support, so if they weren't able to help this may be an exercisein futility.

Thanks.