cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help creating SRD image

RBall
Level 5
One of our systems failed driver validation, so I'm trying to create a custom SRD. However, when I get to the final step I get an error:

Error: E7D60007: Cannot locate Gear devices.

It appears Symantec made no additional fixes to take care of this problem. I'm running 7.03.

I was able to find the SRD folder with the files it speaks of and copied them to my workstation. When I burn an ISO image of the files the disk is not bootable. Trying to make the disk bootable with my image burner only makes it boot so I can see the files on the disk. I'm not getting the same thing as when it creates the SRD ISO image directl with the BESR software.

I would prefer to do this the "correct" way rather than copying around my elbow to get to my thumb. I do not wish to write directly to a CDRW on the system. I need to have it to create the ISO image so I can move it back and write it to CD on my workstation.

Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

RBall
Level 5
I have opened a case on this issue, 320-090-687

RBall
Level 5
Resolved. Tech gave me a call. Turns out the Dell 2950 PowerEdge has a Virtual CDROM drive on it that interferes with the software.

Disabling the virtual CDROM drive long enough to create the SRD works.

IMHO This should be considered a software bug and fixed in future releases. Perhaps not making any attempt to test to see if it can to write to CD unless asked to do so would be a good approach.

RB

Amstan
Not applicable
I'm running into a similar issue with a Dell PE2950. How did you disable the virtual CD-ROM?

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Virtual CD-ROM should be able to be disabled via either Disk Management or Device Manager.

Cheers,
Rich L