cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I manipulate the incremental consolidation job?

thomas_reynolds
Level 2
Hi all,

I have a very unusual problem with system recovery 6.5.

The consolidation is not being performed on one of my machines. I have gone around and deleted all of the old images and re-created the backup job a few times now, and this is where the unusual part comes in. I now get errors saying that the consolidation failed, however all of the notifications list the image name of previous scheduled backups ONLY. I know this because I have changed the prefix on the image name every time.
So, every time I create a new backup job, I start getting failure notices for all previous consolidation jobs. All the while, the current job does not consolidate (though I get no errors).

Any thoughts on this? Is there any way that I can manually modify the consolidation schedule/job? I have not been able to locate where it is storing this kind of data.

Thanks,

Tommy
2 REPLIES 2

Ghost_Man
Level 2
If you go into the history tab you can consolidate manually there.
Since you have deleted the images, but not the jobs, you need to go into the job tab and delete the jobs. Then you can go to history and manually consolidate your image.

Hope that helps.

thomas_reynolds
Level 2
I did delete all of the jobs also. I wanted a fresh start so I removed all images and jobs and started clean, however I still get these notifications that previous jobs have failed to consolidate. The previous jobs never run (never create any backups), however I get notices that they can not consolidate. I'm seeing this on a second server now.

But yes, I've removed the jobs. That's what makes this so odd.