cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing GRT on SBS Server 2008

Dave_the_Man_Mi
Level 3
Partner Accredited
When I was installing the Granular Restore option on a Small Business Server 2008 with Exchange it gave me a message saying Outlook 2007 or better needed to be installed for GRT to work. Does this mean I have to purchase a license of Outlook? Or is there something else I can do

Thanks David
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Terrence_Lemke
Level 3
Partner Accredited
David,

The installation for the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (on 64bit) requires the free download and installation of "Microsoft Exchange Server Mapi Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1"  which I am guessing is becasue the MAPI stuff is missing in that version of server/exchange.  I wonder if just having this installed would solve the issue of needing Outlook 2007 installed on the server?

Anyone else know?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Terrence_Lemke
Level 3
Partner Accredited
David,

The installation for the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (on 64bit) requires the free download and installation of "Microsoft Exchange Server Mapi Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1"  which I am guessing is becasue the MAPI stuff is missing in that version of server/exchange.  I wonder if just having this installed would solve the issue of needing Outlook 2007 installed on the server?

Anyone else know?