cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BESR 2010 Support Windows Server 2008 R2 Core Editions ?

Bala_Krishna
Level 3

Hi Everyone,

Advance Thanks To Everyone.

I have some doubts in BESR 2010.

I have Seen Granular Restore Feature.

Which Edition supports Granular Restore? i mean (Desktop or Server etc...)
Is it possible to restore File by Version ?
is it possible to restore a individual User from Active Directory ?
Is this Support for Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 Core Editions?

I need a PPT of BESR 2010. I have a session on BESR 2010 so i request you some to Attach a PPT(Power Point Presentation) for the Same.

Regards,
Bala Krishna G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
Bala,

Yes, 2008 RC Core is supported. For more information, please refer to the SCL:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

The Granular Restore option is for individual restore of Exchange mail, SharePoint documents and files (there is nothing for AD I'm afraid). More info here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/newfeatures.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
Bala,

Yes, 2008 RC Core is supported. For more information, please refer to the SCL:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

The Granular Restore option is for individual restore of Exchange mail, SharePoint documents and files (there is nothing for AD I'm afraid). More info here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/newfeatures.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

Bala_Krishna
Level 3
Solved

criley
Employee Accredited
When I said, mark the thread as solved, I meant for you to click on the 'mark as solution' button next to the response you deemed to have been the solution. This way the points are sent to the person that provided the solution (it also helps others when they are looking for threads that are solved).

For an example of this, please take a look at the thread 'BESR 2010 + VM Ware' just below this one. Thanks.