cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Restore Issue

Systems_Admin6
Level 4

Up until now I've only ever had to restore a few files at a time, which has always worked. I did notice that when trying to restore entire folders, I'd get an error message, but I overlooked it since it was never needed. Now, however, I need to do a restore on the entire drive...

So when I tried to do a test restore of the E: drive information into a folder on my C: drive, it restores the folder, subfolders, but after the first file is restored it flags a 'hardware error'. Usually I can do the restore at the file level, but when I tried it this time, it said it had restored the data, but nothing actually appeared aside from the file that had already been restored.

Any ideas? I've been putting this off for too long already, and REALLY need to get this restore done. I believe it is BESR 11.

4 REPLIES 4

Systems_Admin6
Level 4

Let me try that again... BESR Version 6.5. Must have gotten that confused with Backup Exec on another of my servers.

Simply, I can restore file-by-file using the Recovery Point Browser. When I try to restore an entire folder, it gives me an error after the first file is restored.

Joseph_L_
Level 5
Employee

Please see the following technote as it may assist in the restore process:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/313547

What error are you getting?

Systems_Admin6
Level 4

Believe it just came up as "Hardware Error". I'm using external USB hard drives as my backup devices.

Previously, I hadn't been looking to restore the entire drive at once, although that will be what I'm planning to do shortly. I've just been using the 'Recovery Point Browser' to restore files.

Message Edited by Systems Administrator on 03-02-2009 11:21 AM

Systems_Admin6
Level 4
Any ideas? I just tried a little test run again. The actual error I'm getting is:

"Error EBAB03E8: Internal Application Error: Hardware Exception c0000094: Error c0000094: PS error 3221225620.."

I can restore the files en masse to the folder, but not the folder itself to the drive. Normally I would just do that, but to recreate EVERY folder and subfolder on my system to copy the files down to them? That would take a lot of time I just don't have. The 'System Restore' option is iffy because I would like to start the system over from scratch if I could.