Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite Backup to NAS drive locally

Dhirajp
Level 2
Partner

Hi

we have set up SBS system recovery 2010 on a server and have configured to NAS drives one onsite and one office. The offiste needs to be taken home at the end of the day and then connected back the next day so that the backup can transfer however this is not happening, I would like to know if there is any way to have System recovey 2010 to detect when the offsite NAS drive becomes available and copy over the data when it is. At the moment i have had no luck, i spoke to symantec a few months ago and they said it can't be done, i would like to know if any fixes has been releasd to fix this issue.

Thanks

Dhiraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

This sounds very much like a known issue we have. We currently have an 'orphan' (pre-release fix) or you can wait for SP3 for BESR 2010 which includes this fix. SP3 is a few weeks away before it is released.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

This sounds very much like a known issue we have. We currently have an 'orphan' (pre-release fix) or you can wait for SP3 for BESR 2010 which includes this fix. SP3 is a few weeks away before it is released.

Hope that helps.

Dhirajp
Level 2
Partner

Hi Chris

Thanks for the quick reply can you send me a link where i can download the pre-release fix

Thanks

Dhiraj

criley
Employee Accredited

The pre-release fix can only be obtained via a support case. Do you have a support contract?

Dhirajp
Level 2
Partner

Hi Chris

Yes we do we.

Thanks

Dhiraj

Dhirajp
Level 2
Partner

Hi Chris

Do we have to open a case via phone or can we do this online