cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsite Backup using eSATA drives? Possible?

ChrisQD
Level 2
I have successfully setup and created backup jobs to backup my SBS 2003 Premium server.  These backups go to an external eSATA hard drive.  I have now added a second removable eSATA drive and I changed the backup to include offsite storage and pointed it to the root of this second eSATA drive.  Two questions.

1. Why does the system not prompt me to copy the recovery points to the external drive when I connect it to the server?

2. Why don't either of my eSATA removable drives show up in the removable drive alias window?

Does BESR not recognize eSATA drives as removable???

Chris
2 REPLIES 2

ChrisQD
Level 2
Still hoping for help here.  I finally see a copy in the Offsite drive.  I am still not sure why NEITHER eSATA drive (including the one set as the Offsite location) is showing up in the area where I can assign an alias.  Is eSATA the problem?  Does BESR 8.5 for SBS not recognize Removable eSATA drives as removable?

ChrisQD
Level 2
OK this is getting frustrating.  I am EVALUATING BESR for SBS because I want to PURCHASE it.  (read fork over my company's hard earned cash for a Symantec product).  I CANNOT get help from Tech support because I don't own BESR (even though I own Back-up Exec as well as SEP anti-virus).

Sooooo  I was directed to this forum by Symantec to get a SIMPLE question answered.  Do no Symantec moderators read these posts?  How hard is it to answer my SIMPLE LITTLE QUESTION and how LAME is it that I am the only one having a conversation here with myself?

Come on Symantec....step it up....