cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission problem when migrating from XP to Win 7

vetadmin
Level 2

We are trying to Migrate end user profiles from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7. I was able to capture the profiles with no problem I am also able to push the profile with no problem. The issues we are having is that when the end user logs in he or she doesn't have to proper permission to access folders, also the Network connection icon in the system tray says that there is not connections available. When you try to fix the permission on the root folder of the users profile it goes through with no problem, but still doesn't allow the end user to access the My Documents folder or any other folder for that matter. We are on a Domain environment, machine is able to join the domain, the admin accounts works just fine, regular user accounts are the one with this problem. Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vetadmin
Level 2

What I have found out is the your need to have the user log into the new machine prior to pushing the profile over. In my case folders and files all work perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you use a file&folder backup or the volume based backup ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

vetadmin
Level 2

I ran a task from the GSS Console and captured just the users domain profile by using the User Migration: Capture, and restored it to the new windows 7 machine by using the User Migration Restore option.

vetadmin
Level 2

What I have found out is the your need to have the user log into the new machine prior to pushing the profile over. In my case folders and files all work perfectly.