cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with offsite copying in Backup Exec System Recovery 2010

bkupadm
Level 3

I have 8 servers which do backup using Backup Exec Ststem Recovery 2010 (8 separate jobs) and then use offsite copy to upload data to offsite location at our datacenter by FTP protocol.

2 servers out of 8 do offsite backup ok, 6 of them freez in the middle of offsite copying. Some of them on 8%, others on 44% etc.

I thought it was because of big file sizes but then I noticed one of those 6 servers uploads only 260mb and it still stucks in middle.

Could you please suggest what can be a problem?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I_T_Guy
Level 4

There is a seperate fourm for Backup Exec System Recovery issues. Kindly put your post there.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

isn't that what Amol said an hour ago?

criley
Employee Accredited

Have you tried manual FTP (outside of BESR) of those recovery points to see if this works?

This would tell you if this is a BESR related problem or not...

bkupadm
Level 3

Chris, yes I did try manual FTP and everything works fine.

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you see any errors in the event logs when the offsite fails?

Does offsite always fail on these 6 servers?

bkupadm
Level 3

Not always. Sometimes it is ok, sometimes it does not upload. Sometimes I see BESR icon in system tray showing job running and when I take mouse over it, it shows a tooltip saying it is doing offsite copy but it is stuck sometimes on 16%, sometimes on 44% and then I have to restart BESR service. I am checking BESR logs and it does not show me offsite copy job status, although it is created in backup job exactly the same way like on the other servers where it works ok. All servers are uploading data on the same FTP.

criley
Employee Accredited

If it works some of the time, this suggests to me that there is an intermittent network issue of some kind. Maybe you need to look at the scheduling and change it to a time when network bandwidth is better..?