Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recuperacion de imagen con Besr 8.5, OS no Bootea cuando reinicia

yhascary
Level 3

buenos dias,

si alguien puede ayudarme,

tengo varios servidores con BESR 8.5. cuando deseo recuperar la imagen de algun servidor, ejecuto todos los pasos y la imagen se cimpleta hastsa el 100%. Luego cuando reinicio recibo el mensaje de WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER.

realice varias pruebas subiendo la imagen y marcando todas las opciones que tiene que ver con particion.

pueden por favor explicarme como resuelvo el problema? y si tienen alguna guiaespecifica con los pasos para la recuperacion.

contacto : yhascary26@hotmail.com

gracias anticipadas,

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

In english ?

yhascary
Level 3

HELLO MARKUS,

MY PROBLEM IS THE FOLLOWING:

I TRIED TO RESTORE THE ISO OF ONE OF MY SERVER WITH THE  BESR CD.

I INSERTED MY CD ON THE SERVER AND BOOTED THEM

LATER I MAPED THE NTEWORK AND LOOK FOR THE IMAGE AND IT WAS COMPLETELY 100%, BUT WHEN I HAVE TO RESTART THE SERVER IT DOES NOT BOOT AND I RECEIVED
WINDOWS FAILED TO STAR . ....

IAM NOT SURE ABOUT 4 OPTIONS I HAVE IN THE WIZARD ARE ABOUT PARTITION AND MATER BOOT RECORD.

COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

For the boot partition you need to enable mark as active, restore the drive signature.

yhascary
Level 3

thanks,

I will test it again.

in some minutes iam going to give you the answers,

yhascary
Level 3

Hi Markus,

Iam here one more time.

my server just finished up and i restarted the server receiving this informaation:

strike f1 to continue and f2 to ......

when i strike f1 system try to up but i receive this message : BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl alt del to restart.

this is on windows server 2008 r2.

when i was choosing image i marked all this options

-set drive active (for booting os)

-restore oroginal disk signature

-restore master boot record

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ok, according to users guide for BESR 8.5 http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH61503 Windows Server 2008R2 is NOT Supported, so you should use BESR 2010.

Besides that have a look here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129112

yhascary
Level 3

Hello Markus,

thanks for your documentation, really i was making test with a windows server 2008 r2 in besr 8.5 and it is not suppported.

later i took others os to recovery my computer and when i choose de .vs2i file it says:THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH SOME OF THE ENTRIES IN THE SYSTEM INDEX FILE.

ENTRY 1 : ERROR EC950006 : THE DESTINATION IS NOT VALID.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a look at the link ?