cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL server restore

ancritman
Level 2
I am currently trialling BESR 2010. I have restored a sql (2000) server to dissimilar hardware, and all is good with Windows. However, when I access the SQl database (via a web-based program, bespoke) all dates are in US format. Language setting etc in Control panel are UK .

Any ideas/help is much appreciated.

Tony
7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Have you check the SQL server settings after the restore ? Maybe you might also check the local setting of the SRD disk ?

ancritman
Level 2
HI Markus, Thanks for replying.

The SQL server prperties page shows English (US), but so does the original system!!

How would I check the setting on the SRD disk?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
I just check with my SRD:
There is a language question when you start the SRD, then you could change the timezone when the SRD is already loaded and the last thing is under Utiities you could change the keyboard settings. Maybe one of those helps ?!

ancritman
Level 2
OK, got that, changed to GMT and checked keyboard, recovered again, but still the same Grrrrr!!! It must be something different on this server cos its a volume backup eh?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Hm, well then I have no idea, but to open a case with Symantec and hope that they find out whats wrong with you server. sad

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have had any success ?

ancritman
Level 2

Yes, sorry. I spoke to our 3rd party web developers and they ahve identified it as a dotnet problem. They have added some code to force it to use UK format dates

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB"/>