cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2011 and SEP 12.1 SBE: Access to Settings in Tech Notes

Dan_Prime
Level 2

I'm having a similar problem... However, I use Symantec System recovery 2011 (Server Edition) and SEP 12.1 Small Business Edition.  SEP SBE doesn't provide access to most of the settings specified in the tech notes. 

Quick details:  Running backups to a NAS

• SSR is running on Windows SBS 2011 Std
  • SSR is writing to the NAS at ~500kB/sec
  • Just performing a regular file copy runs at ~ 68 MB/sec (even while the backup is running too)

This is a new problem... I had to do a fresh install of SEPM (lost all my policies etc.) which is when the slowdown began.  I suspect that I had some legacy policies set in SEP which was allowing the recovery software to work, but I can't get to those policies in the current version of SEPM.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dan_Prime
Level 2

Update for those who are interested.  I found a workaround... By enabling a second NIC and running it through the same switch as the original NIC I'm suddenly running at normal speeds again (~30-40MB/sec).  It's not as if I was tapping out the capacity of the NIC however (it's a GB line).  Don't know why it worked, but it did.  Hope this helps anybody else who's in the same situation.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dan_Prime
Level 2

Update for those who are interested.  I found a workaround... By enabling a second NIC and running it through the same switch as the original NIC I'm suddenly running at normal speeds again (~30-40MB/sec).  It's not as if I was tapping out the capacity of the NIC however (it's a GB line).  Don't know why it worked, but it did.  Hope this helps anybody else who's in the same situation.

Dan

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Great, so please mark your post as solution please!