cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 R2 detection rules

TeleFragger
Level 5

Ok so anyone have a good detection rule setup to use for SSR2013 R2?

I didnt get it installed yet to look for a reg key but figured someone may know the best approach...

we will be also upgrading from SSR 2011....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you use SSR MS?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update!

TeleFragger
Level 5

what do you mean by did I use SSR MS?

Yes SSR MS 2013 R2 is installed... I got 1 machine backing up in Win7 and from what I see my XP machines running SSR 2011 should be able to be monitored via SSR 2013 R2 MS...

TeleFragger
Level 5

FYI I now see that my question was very vague so I appologize, trying to remember what the full question was. You know how it is when your head hurts and ratting around..trying to enter a question can become tedious at times...

I believe my question is if anyone knows of a detection rule to tell if SSR 2013 R2 is installed not the MS.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, have you had a look in the registry under HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery ?

TeleFragger
Level 5

nope havent gotten there yet. too busy as most of us are.. but I will be checking.. thanks!

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You could do a check of C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent\VProsvc.exe.
SSR 2013 R2 will be 11.1.xxxx. 2013 (non-R2) will be 11.0.xxx. 2011 will be 10.0.xxx. 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Anything still open?

TeleFragger
Level 5

im still rebuilding my environment. once i am back up i will be back at this. into a different issue at the moment.. hah... thanks for the patience..

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here?