cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery service terminated with service-specific error 2147746291

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

We are slowly testing to upgrade our backup procedure of laptops from SBESR 8.5.5 to SSR2011, without much luck.

On two systems where the SBES 8.5.5. client already is installed we want to upgrade to SSR2011 and we discovered the same problem:

System System Recovery service can't start or reconnect. In the Application log of the Eventviewer we found the following error message:

Symantec System Recovery service terminated with service-specific error 2147746291 (0x800401F3) 

How did we upgrade:

• I logged on into the laptop as a user with admin rights
  • Opened the Download URL to download and install the Symantec Management Agent. (succesfully)
  • After some time the Symantec System Recovery Plug-in and the Symantec System Recovery software is automatically installed on the client PC
  • The computer reboots

At this moments all our clients are installed with Windows XP sp3

I can manually resolve this problem by doing the following:

Repair the SSR2011 software from the <Add or remove programs>, it needs to locate the MSI on the SSR management server.

After the system restarted, everything works fine.

Of course, I don't want to do this for 200 clients........

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

Hi Markus,

I tried what you said, but it still pointed to the original location of the SSR2011 software.

But we can close this post:

After I deinstalled the SSR2011 management solution software and the SQL server, I started all again from stretch. Now I can push the agent succesfully (see my post about it) and I have no problem to upgrade from 8.55 to 2011.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you try the repair unattended using msiexec with option  /f does this work out ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a chance to try ?

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

Hi Markus,

I tried what you said, but it still pointed to the original location of the SSR2011 software.

But we can close this post:

After I deinstalled the SSR2011 management solution software and the SQL server, I started all again from stretch. Now I can push the agent succesfully (see my post about it) and I have no problem to upgrade from 8.55 to 2011.