cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to push symantec management agent. Error:52

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

When I try to push the Symantec Management Agent from the Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution to any clients, I get the following error message: Failed to push symantec management agent. Error:52

Too bad, I can't find any information about this error:52.

Some information:

• Symantec System Recovery 2011 management solution is installed on a Windows 2008 R2 std (x64) server.
  • Client systems are Windows XP sp3 (x32)
  • From the Management server it is possible to ping the client system
  • From the Management server it is possible to open the admin$ share on the client system.
  • We use domain credentials with administrator rights to push the software.

On the client systems nothing happened (No logfiles or any other files in C:\windows or C:\windows\system32)

I hope anyone can help with our problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

Problem solved:

I have deinstalled the Management Solution software and the SQL 2008. I started all from stretch.

This time I didn't import the computers from Active Directory, but did a Domain Discovery. Since then I can push the SMA to every computer I like.

I don't know why it's not working after an AD import?

But anyhow I am a little bit more happier to go on with this product.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

I just wonder if we are the only ones who can't push the SMA to the clients? More than two weeks has been passed and no one replied yet.

But I still have hope .......

Danny

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sorry, but works like a charm for us.

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

Problem solved:

I have deinstalled the Management Solution software and the SQL 2008. I started all from stretch.

This time I didn't import the computers from Active Directory, but did a Domain Discovery. Since then I can push the SMA to every computer I like.

I don't know why it's not working after an AD import?

But anyhow I am a little bit more happier to go on with this product.