cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2011, HP laptops and ReadyNas 1100 problem

hyneisd
Level 2

Hi We have a situation at work where some of our new HP laptops installed with SSR 2011 (some cases BESR 2010) will not backup to our Netgear readynas 1100 units. It appears that all other PC's, ranging from 6 year old desktops to brand new ones will backups ok, just a handful of new pro and mobile workstation series laptops refuse to backup. Some of thee are from SOE images, others have been build from clean installs of Win 7. They can backup locally to USB drives, but won't to the NAS units. This has happened on two different sites. The error we are getting is: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (C:\). Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error EBAB03F1: An unexpected network error occurred. Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size. Error EBAB03F1: An unexpected network error occurred. 0xEBAB0005 (Symantec System Recovery) (UMI:V-281-3215-6071) I have followed some troubleshooting on the symantec website, but nothing appears to help. Note that we have recently replaced all of our aging Cisco swtiches here at the office, but the problem still remains. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, have you already tried throtteling the network speed in the computer options of SSR/BESR ?

criley
Employee Accredited

The following may help you:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171456

hyneisd
Level 2

Hi Markus and Chris

Thanks for the the replies.

I have tried the three different x64 reg files, with a reboot between, makes no difference to the error. I have also tried this with and without netowrk throttling.

Could this possibly be a network driver issue?

Bit of a mystery!

Brett

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, I think not.

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you see any errors in the event logs around the time that the backup fails?

Can you disable compression on the backup job to see if this helps?

This sounds like a network problem so you'll probably need to check NIC/switch settings etc.

Also, is there any anti-virus or firewall apps on these machines?

hyneisd
Level 2

Hi Chris

the only thing close to an error (information only) 4 seconds before failing, under the system event log is event 7036 The Virtual Disk service entered the stopped state. The backup then fails.

We have other Pc's and laptops running quite happily to this NAS via the same switches. I can try looking around for NIC settings I could change, which i had started on one other time.

The other PC's failing at other sites have SEP v 1100.975 (I think) my laptop which is failing as well has SEP 12.1.

Brett

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, so maybe we need to take SEP out of the picture to see if that helps.

Can you temporarily shutdown all SEP services so see if this allows the backup to complete? Once you have shutdown the SEP services, stop and restart the SSR service and then try a backup.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to sort out the problem yet ?