cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2011, or wait for next version?

rnight
Level 3

My trial period for SR 2011 is soon ending and I am thinking about purchasing the product for continued use. However, I would be very upset if I purchased it only to find out that the next version gets released shortly after. Is there any word when SR 2012 (or is it "2013"?) will be released? Any chance Symantec would issue upgrades to those that purchased 2011 shortly before it's release? Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I know, If you have a valid support contract than Symantec will provide you a free upgrade.

You may contact Symantec licensing team to confirm about the free upgrade,

For contact information refer http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

You may enroll for the beta version of SSR 2013

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-system-recovery-2013-beta-beta-1-phase

criley
Employee Accredited

SSR 2013 will be released early October.

RPMutha
Level 2
Partner Accredited

You can go ahead and purchase the SSR 2011 license. There no need to be waiting for SSR 2013 which will be releasing at the next month end. Once you have procured the license for SSR 2011 you could use it till your service agreement ends (i.e. the license expires after 1 year, 3 years or whatever the time period is).

In between this if you want to upgrade to SSR 2013; that’s absolutely fine. Just call the Symantec licensing portal or go to licensing.symantec.com and upgrade your license to SSR 2013.

This new SSR 2013 license will be valid till the date mentioned in your SSR 2011 license agreement which you are upgrading.

rnight
Level 3

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify on a 2011 valid license being upgradable (free of charge I'm assuming) to a 2013 equivalent - do I need to have purchased the original license directly from Symantec?

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Upgrades are free if you have a valid maintenance contract. You may purchase license from a 

reseller.

rnight
Level 3

Bumpity