cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB drive changes not picked up when Symantec is running.

SimonP76
Level 2

I have noticed on several ocasions that the offsite drives changes are not picked up by Symantec if the program is running.   We have several customer that we have set up with seperate jobs for each day of the week.  They all use the same onsite drive, but have there own Offsite drives labelled Mon to Fri.

If someone leaves the program running on the screen, when the offsite drive is changed, Syamnatec will not pick it up. The back that night will then fail with the error:

Error EC8F1F62:  Cannot find external drive 'Monday'

When you check on the console it will show the drive unavailble, even though it is attached. Only  exiting the console and opening it again will show it available.  If the program is closed down there are no issues.

Any one else had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

Is this 100% consistent?

Can you also confirm the version of SSR (including service pack level) and the operating system here.

SimonP76
Level 2

It is SSR 2077  Version 10.0.1.41704

I can not confirm it is 100% consistant, but I am almost sure. The reason I say this, is because I can diplicate the problem by just getting the cutomer to swap the drives while I am on the console. When I was investigating the problem I got them to swap the drive for me, and it did not pick up the new drive until I closed and opened Symantec.

I have come across it on more than one of our customer sites. They are all running SSR 2011, but may not be the same version.

criley
Employee Accredited

First thing to try is SP3 (latest SP for SSR 2011):

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195461

This requires a reboot.

If this does not help, you may want to consider upgrading to 2013 SP2 (this will obviously depend if you have a license or active maintenance to allow a free upgrade).

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you issue resolve ?