cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install license file on System Recovery Manager

mart_g
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I have previously use a trial license on the System Recovery Manager and I have just got my license for the SR Manager and SR server. I am able to install the Manager license, but when I tried to import the SR server (client) license it said that license have already been installed. Pls help.
7 REPLIES 7

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

You could try stopping the BESR/BESRM services, searching for and deleting all .SLF files, then restarting the services.

You will have to reimport both the server license and the manager license.  Make sure the "new" server and manager license files are move somewhere else first, so you don't delete those.  The point is to delete any old "residual"license file pieces that could be causing this problem.

Thanks.

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
Hello. I'm having the same problem too, only with the clients.  The server manager license installed just fine.
I tried Bill's suggestion, Stopped 2 BESR services, deleted the one .slf file I found which I'm guessing was the manager, then started the services and opened the manager.  I immediately got prompted for a license file, I did and then tried to add a Client license and it says "The license file has already been imported".  Though when you look at the licensing window it is blank with any files.

Any other suggestions or info you'd need?

Thanks, Jim

PS- I migrated from LSRM 6.02, shouldn't make a difference though I would think.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

Is the BESRM server managing any clients?  Deleting SLF files on the manager system will remove licensing for local products (i.e. BESRM and a local install of BESR, if it exists).

If BESRM is managing any clients, and if those clients are licensed, it may automatically "pull" the licenses from those client systems.

Could that be why you're seeing the "license file has already been imported" message?

Thanks.

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
If I understand you correctly, BESRM is managing several clients since they are all in Trial mode, none of them show up as licensed or in the listing with the license.  Upon initial install of the program I think I was successfully able to add the license, but at the time I did not have the Manager piece until a few days later, so I added the license on the workstation.  It does not appear that the workstation license key install was successful as it shows up in BESRM as it expiring in now less than a month.

Bill, I appreciate your help, is this a good way of getting support?  My schedule is late night beyond Symantecs support timeframe.  You actually worked with me quite a bit back in the 3.x days.

Thanks, Jim

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

If the license is showing up as expiring in less than a month, then it is using the trial license.  I would recommend stopping the BESR service on any managed clients, delete their SLF files, and then try to deploy the full license file from the server.

Are you still encountering the problem with BESRM not accepting your attempts to import client license files?

Thanks.

Jim_Jacobsen
Level 3
When you log into the desktop piece locally it asks for a license key or the opportunity to bypass it.  When I use the key, it says that it's accepted, but by going into ABOUT it still shows TRIAL as it still shows it from BESRM.
Another problem is that BESRM won't allow me to add/enter keys into it for distribution, so there's another problem there.
I guess I'll have to open a trouble ticket(s) from technical support.  I just have too many issues outstanding.

Thanks, Jim

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

Hopefully Symantec support can help.

Once a ticket has been opened, please let me know.

Thanks.