Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to logon Recovery manager (AXIS)

IT_WHT
Level 4
Hello,

When I am trying to log on Recovery manager i receive the following message:

"The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is BackupManager"

Does anyone know what´s wrong?

Details
    Data
        System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
        The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is BackupManager
    Source
        System.Web.Services
    Stack Trace
           at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
           at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
           at BackupManager.BackupManagerSoapBinding.getManagerVersion()
           at Com.Symantec.RecoveryManager.Tier3ProxyLib.SessionImpl.GetManagerVersion()
           at Com.Symantec.RecoveryManager.Tier3ProxyLib.Tier3Proxy.GetManagerVersion()
           at Symantec.RecoveryManager.MainForm.Logon_AuthenticationEvent(Object sender, AuthenticationEventArgs e)
    Target Site
        ReadResponse

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please review the following document: http://support.veritas.com/docs/301011

eots
Not applicable
I'm having the same problem and the article you referenced did not help at all.

Trace
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Thanks David,

I followed the document and it solved my problem.
Note: After I edited the server.xml file and started the services in the console were the old values. I've changed them there and then edited the redeploy.bat.

This problem occured on my server probably because there was Endpoint Protection Manager which also uses 8443 port.

Thanks again