cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Symantec System Recovery 2013 from PC

vic1234
Level 3

In the past to remove Norton Ghost completely from your PC, you may additionally need to use Norton Removal Tool. Is there a similiar tool to remove Symantec System Recovery2013 from a Win 8.1 PC?

25 REPLIES 25

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

AirGig
Level 3

ignore

vic1234
Level 3

Markus, when I click on link I get:

The URL you've tried isn't returning content. There are two possibilities:

I am logged in so the article is gone. Do you have a correct link? Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

vic1234
Level 3

I'll give it a try Thanks, I think I should say solved or something but don't know how to do that.

vic1234
Level 3

Markus, I'm not ready to delete SSR 2011 (actually 2013 on 64bit WIN8.1PC) but I noted on the instructions I've shown below, that the command line for the 32 and 64 bit versions of the program seem to be reverced. Please comment. Thanks,

Instructions on link are:

For 32-bit* Systems:  UninstallSSR2011.bat -I "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\"
For 64-bit* Systems:  UninstallSSR2011.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\"

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi ,

I will request you to call symantec support to help you run uninstall.bat.

Thanks

vic1234
Level 3

I haven't paid for support. What phone number can I call so they will give support?

I can follow the instructions given but why does the instructions reference the 64 bit program directory for a 32 bit program uninstall and conversly reference the 32 bit program directory for a 64 bit program uninstall. Are the instructions correct or not? If not, shouldn't they be corrected? The last update was 5/20/2014.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think if you install the 32 Bit version of SSR on a 64 Bit OS you need to run UninstallSSR2011.bat -I "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\".

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you already tried?

vic1234
Level 3

Markus,

No I haven't. Thanks for all your follow up.

I recently got my WIN8.1 64bit PC and found out that my GHOST program would not work on it. I just ordered Symantec System Recovery 2013 and haven't got it yet. I was preparing myself for using it IF I had a problem with the program and had to completely remove it and reinstall it as I once had to do with GHOST. I hope I never have to  uninstall SSR but I was just trying to be ready if I did.

freddes
Level 3

Hi,

I can't uninstall symantec system recovery 2013 on 2008r2 server, all night it has a bsod (memory leak vtrack.sys driver)

The uninstaller don't work

I can't upgrade it with live update

Already tried symantec installation manager to find a hotfix.

The only way is to uninstall the program and i can't do it with windows:

Produit : Symantec System Recovery 2013 -- Erreur 2324. Could not open file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\rpAccess64\RPAM.dll GetLastError: -1073741701.

Produit : Symantec System Recovery 2013 -- BEMSI;SpnUnregister;LoadLibrary;VProServerCA -> ERROR: Failed to load DLL SpnRegister;-1

Is it possible to uninstall with the uninstaller.bat ssr 2011 ?

Thank You

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Give it a try. As a last resort you could try MSIZAP.

freddes
Level 3

On Sun 07/09/2014 21:17:31 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090714-22713-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: vtrack.sys (VTrack+0x2DDF8)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002098B80, 0xFFFFF8800236FD88, 0xFFFFF8800236F5E0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vtrack.sys
product: Symantec™ System Recovery
company: Symantec
description: Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s).
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: vtrack.sys (Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s)., Symantec).
Google query: Symantec SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Help would be appreciated, i've already open a new ticket in the symantec support with one of my license keys ...

Thank you

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

The crash occured during uninstall.bat was running?

freddes
Level 3

no the unistall.bat fail...

But the problem is that i can't remove the program the uninstall fail:

FATAL ERROT: Could not open file c:\Program Files\Comman Files\Symantec Shared\rpAccess64\RPAM.dll GetLastError: -1073741701

And the uninstaller make a rollback

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, do you know the MSIZAP utility?

freddes
Level 3

No i don't really know this utility.

I quickly searched how to use it, but i'm expecting answers from Symantec Support before.

The problem is that this Hyperv host is a production server and i don't want to crash it...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So lets wait for the outcome of the support call. Please keep us posted.