cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BESRO to restore 2003 Domain Controller into a test network of disimilar hardware

David_Hicks_2
Level 4

We have new HP DL380 G5 servers for a new test environment and I wanted to restore my existing 2003 AD servers which are HP DL380 and DL320 G3 servers onto the new servers. I've bought the System Recovery Option for installation alongside my BE12 installation and wanted to use Restore Anywhere to backup the first DC and restore it to one of the new DL380 servers. What is the procedure for restoring a DC into a new environment? Do you restore it to different hardware using Restore Anywhere? If so, what do you do when it wants to join a domain? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AJT
Level 6
Take a look at this link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/304721

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee

Here are a few tips when restoring DC's via Restore Anyware:

• When performing the restore make sure you say yes to the "Start network services" prompt even if you won't be using the network.
  • Make sure the server is plugged into a network, even if this is just an old hub that is powered on but connected to nothing else.  The network card must be active for Restore Anyware to properly detect it.
  • Restore all partitions before booting up the server
  • Make sure the server is still connected to a network when booting up for the first time after the restore.
  • Disconnect any external USB/eSATA drives before booting up for the first time after the restore.