cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSR 21 management client plugin installation error

ges87
Level 5

I just updated my management solution to version 21

Then I started trying to deploy client plugins via the upgrade plugin policy, and they all give error on installation.

I get the following entries in Windows Event Viewer:

ID 11729 Product: Veritas System Recovery 21.0.0 Management Solution Plug-in -- Configuration failed.

ID 1035 Windows Installer: riconfigurazione del prodotto completata. Nome prodotto: Veritas System Recovery 21.0.0 Management Solution Plug-in. Versione prodotto: 21.0.0.0. Lingua prodotto: 1033. Produttore: Veritas Technologies LLC. Riconfigurazione riuscita o stato di errore: 1638.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

akihiro1
Employee

Please try below.

[How to deploy a System Recovery 21 to client machine after upgrading from System Recovery Management Solution 18 Service Pack 3 to System Recovery Management Solution 21]

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100047415

1.  Uninstall the 18.0.3 Plugin or earlier manually from ‘Programs and Features’ on the clients.

2. In addition, Plugin-installer is in the below folder on your Management Solution. You can install manually after copying *.msi to Agent machines.

C:\Program Files\Altiris\Veritas System Recovery Management Solution\Web\SSRAgentSetup\
Veritas_VSR_NS_Agent_21_0_0.msi (for x86 machine)
Veritas_VSR_NS_Agent_21_0_0_X64.msi (for x64 machine)

Do I need to do this manually for all clients? That's going to take weeks...

akihiro1
Employee

I think that manual installation for all clients is not needed. But if you find some clients that has the installation trouble, please manually try to install it on the problematic clients only. And if the issue is not gone, please gather the error messages and screenshots.