cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I choose "files and folders" on server?

Michelle_Lorber
Level 2
Hi,

I just upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0 and I'm trying to undertand why I can not choose specific files and folders for backup on the first server I installed the agent on. The option appears to be grayed out.

Michelle
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you are using a trial license, this option may be disabled.  Has the product been activated with a non-expiring license?

Thanks.

Michelle_Lorber
Level 2
Hi Bill,

I'm not using the trial version.

I downloaded the upgrade from FileConnect from a notification I received and yes I have 3 valid server licenses. I upgraded the license file online and added it to the software. The local machine (which is XP) shows this feature as available. Any ideas?

Thank you for your response.

Michelle

newpylong
Level 3
I have the exact same problem. The console is on Windows 2003 and the license is installed there. The agents are all Windows 2003 server as well and I license them as they are deployed with this same file. The only time the Backup Files and Folders option is available is when I attempt to do so on the Local console machine. What gives with that???

Message Edited by newpylong on 05-23-200701:54 PM

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I just tried this myself, and I can confirm that when using the 1-to-1 (sometimes called "standard") console to connect to a remote server, the option to create a file/folder backup job is greyed-out.

I believe this is likely working as designed. 

I will see if any additional info is available.

Thanks.

newpylong
Level 3
I talked to Tech Support and it turns out this is by design.