cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2003 infinitely reboot after restoring server using BESR 2010 (9.0.1)

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I'm not sure how come my windows server restored from BESR 2010 always rebooting infinitely ?

this is the error message 'A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. .....",it happens so fast and i couldn't write down the error message.

as soon as I logged in before displaying the desktop it always restart, the problem still occuring even on SAFE MODE.

The background is that I tired to restore Windows Server 2003 Std. Ed R2 into older server hardware for disaster recovery purpose and it is confirmed that BESR 2010 doesn't work well with restoring old Windows Server 2003 into old HP server DL380 G5 into G3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please perform the restore again. During the restore use the hidden option as per the technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55329 : Using the Hidden Options for Restore Anyware when restoring an image from the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD)

select the options Prompt for Devices and Delete Extra Devices.

Also uncheck the option of Run Mini Setup and uncheck Reboot system after restore.

Perform a manual reboot after restore and let us know the result.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6

Please perform the restore again. During the restore use the hidden option as per the technote:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH55329 : Using the Hidden Options for Restore Anyware when restoring an image from the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD)

select the options Prompt for Devices and Delete Extra Devices.

Also uncheck the option of Run Mini Setup and uncheck Reboot system after restore.

Perform a manual reboot after restore and let us know the result.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

LOL, why is there a hidden option from the user :)

sounds like easter egg to me.

Sush---
Level 6
Also if there are any extra devices (like tape drive or extra external hard drive, etc..) connected to the server then unplug the devices which are not needed. Thanks, -Sush...

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

ah yes, that is the idea.

thankyou for your reference man.