cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup exec system recovery manager license

nnikou
Level 2

hello

i have a really annoyning problem and i want your help...

i bought 20 licenses for backup exec system recovery desktop and
1 license for backup exec system recovery server...

symantec send me a pdf with two product keys (one for desktop and one for server)

i install the backup exec sysrtem recovery manager which requires a manager product key...
none of the two above works.....

i will like to asl the system recovery manager requires different key in order to work....
now the manager works in trial mode which expires in 60 days....

pls help me because my seller doesn't know....
for your informations symantec send me some links in order to download the packages from the internet
only the serials arrive to me through mail......

thanks for your support, it's really helpful
thanks......

2 REPLIES 2

NicholasC
Level 4

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 {BESR 2010} has a free manager included. It is called BESR Management Solution.

When you downloaded the file from File Connect, what it does is install the Symantec Installation Manager. From there, you need to filter through the results for the "Backup Exec System Recovery Management Solution"

There is also a "Backup Exec Infrastructure Manager", this is the wrong program, this is a licensed program for Backup Exec for Windows Servers

If you need further assistance, please send an email to this email address: customercare_nam@symantec.com

Please include a link to this thread and a request to assign the case to "Nicholas Coday" and when I get into the office on Monday, I will assign the case to myself if it is not already and send you an email with more specific details.

Linas
Level 6
Caution WARNIG Attention
Once you install the “Management Solution” and manage the Clients
You WILL NOT be able the Schedule backups on the Clients only through the Management Solution.
If you’re ok with this then great
For large networks I would use the Management Solution
For small don’t bother
The installation has many options if wrongly chosen you will have the wipe and reinstall
I recommend calling support and have them walk you through the process