cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Viewer and Windows 10

SandS
Level 2

Morning
We are updating our desktops to Windows 10, and from what I can gather, I need to obtain version 8.3 of the Clearwell Native Viewer Active X control do deploy to these workstations.
Our firm is not a Veritas customer, which I made clear at the start of my investigation, but after spending a whole week, bouncing emails back and forth, the support operative suggested I log my request here.
Though we do not use the eDiscovery ourselves, some of our users access client data which utilises the Native Viewer. Because we lock down our desktops, installation for the user fails, so we currently deploy to those who need it using SCCM.
Can anyone please confirm:
Do we need the version 8.3 Native Viewer for Windows 10
Where I can get hold of a copy of the installation MSI

I have version 7.2, which is a step-up from the version 7.1 we currently use, but is it good enough?!?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Erik_T_HRO
Level 2
Employee

Hello James,

All v.8.x versions of the eDiscovery platform up to v.8.3 use v.7.2 of the Brava client. You would need to contact the company hosting the eDP instance your users access to obtain a copy of the installation MSI, as that is not something we can provide in this instance, alas.

I wish I could be more helpful but unfortunately given the absence of a support agreement I am somewhat limited in what we can do in this case.

Kind regards,

Erik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Erik_T_HRO
Level 2
Employee

Hello James,

All v.8.x versions of the eDiscovery platform up to v.8.3 use v.7.2 of the Brava client. You would need to contact the company hosting the eDP instance your users access to obtain a copy of the installation MSI, as that is not something we can provide in this instance, alas.

I wish I could be more helpful but unfortunately given the absence of a support agreement I am somewhat limited in what we can do in this case.

Kind regards,

Erik

Erik-thank you!

You have provided the one crucial piece of information I required..."All v.8.x versions of the eDiscovery platform up to v.8.3 use v.7.2 of the Brava client"

I actually somehow obtained version 7.2 from whilst I was on my travels around the internet trying to find the answer, so it looks like I have everything I need!

Many thanks

a) For replying

b) Confirming v7.2 is the one to go for

All the best

James