cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator Reviewer permissions vs Dept. Partitions

Phil_McDougal
Level 5

Hey All,

I just set up some new departments and associated employee groups and want to verify that the person I put as reviewer for that Department doesn't have Reviewer rights on other Departments.  I had thought that when I set the Reviewer permissions in the Role Assignment, it was only for that Department.  I set up each Employee Group to synchronize with specific AD Security Groups and the Reviewer of each department is not in multiple AD groups; so I think I'm good.

But then I started reading about the Department Partition and I wasn't sure if I should partition each Department.  Can someone explain what the partitions do?

Thank you!
PM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you assigned the Role in the Dept Properties page I think you did what you wanted. 

See the excerpt below from the install and config guide.  There should also be a topic for it in the CA help.

Grouping departments into partitions

You can group departments into partitions to restrict the scope of searches. You

may find this useful if, for example, you want to restrict searching in some

departments to messages to and from certain other departments.

If you do not define any department partitions, the searches that you initiate in

one department can include the messages of any employee in any other

department, together with messages to or from the Internet. However, if you

define partitions, searches are restricted to messages to and from monitored

employees in departments in the same partition

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 04-25-200702:41 PM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you assigned the Role in the Dept Properties page I think you did what you wanted. 

See the excerpt below from the install and config guide.  There should also be a topic for it in the CA help.

Grouping departments into partitions

You can group departments into partitions to restrict the scope of searches. You

may find this useful if, for example, you want to restrict searching in some

departments to messages to and from certain other departments.

If you do not define any department partitions, the searches that you initiate in

one department can include the messages of any employee in any other

department, together with messages to or from the Internet. However, if you

define partitions, searches are restricted to messages to and from monitored

employees in departments in the same partition

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 04-25-200702:41 PM

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thank Tony.

Yes, that's exactly what it says in the Help topic.  I was confused by the verbiage bceause I thought if you created different departments, the searching would be restricted to those employees of that department.  So I wasn't sure what the exact role of the partition was.

As long as I'm good with how I set it up, I'll stick with that.

Thanks again for your help Tony!
Phil.