cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Compliance Accelerator and Enterprise Vault program files

doctortt
Level 6

I'm going to upgrade compliance accelerator from 6.0 SP2 to 7.0 SP2. Do I need to upgrade the enterprise vault program files installed on the same box? EV on this box is 6.0.  The real Enterprise Vault backend server is on 2007.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You've got Enterprise Vault Servers which do not have the same Version?

That's probably not a very good idea :)

I'd suggest that you keep all your Version in-sync, even if they do work cross-version.

So, Upgrade EV and CA both to 2007 would be the best you can do.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You've got Enterprise Vault Servers which do not have the same Version?

That's probably not a very good idea :)

I'd suggest that you keep all your Version in-sync, even if they do work cross-version.

So, Upgrade EV and CA both to 2007 would be the best you can do.

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

doctortt
Level 6

The enterprise vault 6.0 program files on the compliance accelerator box are not being used (i guess). Does it matter? Only one server is on Enterprise Vault 2007, which it does all the real archiving works. Thanks for your help.

Simon_Butler
Level 5
Certified
EV 2007 Binaries are required for DA to properly show undisclosed recipient info for Exchange 2003 - the same may be true for CA?

doctortt
Level 6
the same may be rue for CA - I'm not sure.  Can someone answer this? Thank you

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

HI,

The EV version on a CA or DA sever must match the version of the EV server. 

doctortt
Level 6

Thanks Tony.  My CA is currently on 6.0 SP2 and my enterprise vault server is recently upgraded to 2007. How come CA is still working? I'm lost.

TonySterling
Not sure either, or maybe it is b/c your CA version is so old. :) When I was in support we would get calls every once in a while after an upgrade and sure enough CA/DA were forgotten. I bet if you went ahead and upgrade CA you would see some issues as CA 7 is not certified against EV 6. Then again CA 6 is certified with EV 2007! I recommend synch your EV versions and getting CA to 2007 as soon as you can. :) Regards,

doctortt
Level 6
Tony, thanks for the help.  If after upgrading CA from 6.0 SP2 to 7.0 SP2 does cause problems, what kind of errors I will see from your experience? Is the fix simply upgrading 7.0 to 2007?

TonySterling

No problem, I am referring to upgrading EV on the CA server to match what is in your production the same time you upgrade your CA version to CA 7.

It is important to have the versions in synch for the communication from CA to EV to be reliable.  Issues can range from errors during searching to problems with reviewing.

I was encouraging you to upgrade CA to 2007 as soon as you can so you will be ready when CA 8 is released later this year.

Regards,

doctortt
Level 6

Thanks a million Tony.  Things are much clear now.  So, this will work right?

Enterprise Vault server that does the real archiving = on 2007

CA server = has Enterprise Vault 2007 binaries

Upgrading CA 6.0 SP2 to CA 7.0 SP2 will work.

TonySterling

Yes that is what you want to do.

The compatiblity pdf can be found here:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276547.htm

Cheers,

doctortt
Level 6
Thanks Tony,  Much appreciated!!!

Kevin__CHR_
Level 3

Yes the version of the ev binaries needs to match the version of ca/da you are on. Your journal connectors may break. You may want to check out the symantec supported upgrade paths.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290680.htm

You may also want to check out the compatability chart on page 58 at: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

According to this you aren't supported. no idea why it is working.

Make sure you have the new 7.0 licenses