cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Open File Option - Media Server 12.5

FroggEye
Level 4
After a few days of configuration I finally got a successful backup of the 4 servers on my network.  But I get this error on my media server:

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

1 files were skipped.
Note: The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However, files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the Media Server AAEM-FS1 is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

When I installed the software on the server I installed the option and I have the license for it.  Is there another option to configure it different for the media server?
8 REPLIES 8

ReVeR
Level 4
Have you installed CASO? If so, are you using the server that has the AOFO license to backup the servers using this feature?

FroggEye
Level 4
I'm new to Symantec Backup so not sure what CASO and AOFO stand for right off the top of my head. 

** Edit
Ok so doing a little research I have checked to see that the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is installed and licensed on the media server (Help>About>License Info).  I also see that the Central Admin Server Option (CASO) is installed and licensed on the media server.

So to answer your question, yes I am using the server that has the AOFO license to back up the other servers.  I don't get an error on the other servers just the media server which has the software installed on it.

ReVeR
Level 4
Ok, So if you have CASO you may also have 1 or more media servers in your backup network. With CASO you can delegate jobs to other media servers, so if in your backup job you are selecting as a destination to process the backup another media server that does not have AOFO installed, the job will give you that message.

FroggEye
Level 4

My network consists of 5 Windows Servers (2 - 2000, 2 - 2003, 1 HyperV server w/2 Server 2008 VM's which are not backed up at the moment, they are new) and 17-20 Windows XP workstations.  Pretty small and simple really.

My file server has the main install of BE 12.5 installed on it and is also the media server.  The media is a removeable HDD in the server.  The other 4 servers (and VM's) have the client installed on them with the AOFO installed.  So in my case, one server does all of the backup "work".

ReVeR
Level 4
The file that was skipped, from which of the 5 servers is?

FroggEye
Level 4

The media server.

ReVeR
Level 4
I would check with Symantec Customer care about how many servers that license supports..

ReVeR
Level 4
By the way, the remote agent license includes AOFO in BE 12.5. So you have to make sure you have 1 RAWS licence per protected server, or if have 1, to check with Symantec if that supports the amount of servers you are backing up.