cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error:"Unable to backup the virtual machine on the device deduplication hosted by the same virtual machine"

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I have an installation of Backup Exec v-ray edition. One backup ends with the following error:

"V-79-57344-38767 - Unable to back up the virtual machine on the device deduplication hosted by the same virtual machine."

I don't know if the message is Ok because was sent in spanish, I try to translate it. The scenario is:

There are a host machine with 5 virtual machines inside. One of this machines is a domain controller (Windows 2008) that present the error. I made a backup job for all virtual machines. When the system ends backup, it's sent the error indicated. The virtual machines are in another storage. The storage for deduplication is exclusive for the backup exec server machine (physical). The backup exec version is 15 with last SP installed (version 14.2 Rev. 1180).

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Carlos,

Check out the TNs below and see if they help you at all. Otherwise post the error message in Spanish:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH155335

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH197074

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH126737

Thanks!

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the tips, I search for the same error number but it's different situation. Here is the original message:

Hacer copia de seguridad
V-79-57344-38767 - No se puede hacer copia de seguridad de la máquina virtual en el dispositivo de e...

Tips for understand:

Copia de seguridad = Backup

Eliminación de datos duplicados = Deduplication

Please see the attached image.

CraigV

Have you tried to recreate the job for this server?

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Two things I made, after the last comment. One was open a case on technical support but they cannot found a solution get. The other is I changed the language to english to see the error in this language, but I do not found any similar error in the Web.

The message is: V-79-57344-38767 - Cannot backup the virtual machine to the deduplication device that is hosted by the same virtual machine.

I have installed Backup Exec 15 FP2.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Create a backup job only for the DC with SGmon enabled on both the BE server & the VM. Rerun the backup job. Attach the debug + job logs over here. Thanks.

CraigV

BE 15 FP3 is also out so you might want to look into upgrading to that.

Thanks!

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

Finally we discovered was the problem, the message is too much confuzed to understand it. The problem is that the customer never inform me that the Hosts in the virtual enviroment are in cluster. When the virtual machines was moved in the system, the host not know where is it and the system sent the error message. I changed the backups jobs from esx machines to the vcenter and the backups work fine.

Another thing, I tried to update to FP3, but the system never can did it. When I try downloading the product, the install never found that the BE already installed and must be upgrade it. In the other hand I try to update from Liveupdate but after downloaded and it try to install, the system sent error and the services do not started (a reboot was neccesary). Of course I tried with differents tricks but nothing works.

Thanks to all.