cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 on Server 2012 R2 Standard

Jeet_S
Level 3

Hi guys,

I am hoping this should be an easy one and hopefully will only need a few pointers.

I have some month-end (full) backups that were created on the 31st August and 1st September. These are currently sitting on the Local B2D drive. These backups are from two different servers X and Y. I need to get these backups onto tape but being a noob to BE 2014 I am unsure of how to proceed with this.

Ideally I would also like to setup a month end tape backup schedule so that once the backup to local B2D is complete, it is then copied to tape also.

Some pointers to get me headed in the right direction would be very much appreciated smiley

5 REPLIES 5

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Just add a duplication stage to your job. It is very easy to setup a schedule like yours.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You need to set up a duplicate job that will duplicate those B2D files from disk to tape...don't back them up directly.

Thanks!

Jeet_S
Level 3

Thanks for the replies guys. Ok so I have found the following -

Storage Tab > Local B2D > Backup Sets > Highligh required backup set(s) > Duplicate

In the duplicate job dialog box that appears there is a section at the bottom titled Backup Sets being duplicated. In this section there are four columns, one of which is causing me a little bit of concern. The column is titled Backup Source and it shows the original location of the data that I am duplicating to tape. My concern is that when I run the duplicate job, instead of duplicating the data from the local B2D it is going to try and retrieve the data from say server X for example.

This is not what I want, I need it to duplicate the data that is already backed up on Local B2D. If anyone is able to confirm where the data will be duplicated from (local B2D or original location) that would be a great help.

Many thanks.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you duplicate a backup set, the source is not touched

Jeet_S
Level 3

Ok cheers. Seems to be running through fine.