cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 R2 DLO Agent Cannot Connect to Media Server

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi all,

I just installed BE2010 R2 with DLO option. After setting it up, I installed the agent on one of my client laptop. However the agent can't connect to the media server with error "V-139-52224-100 Unable to connect to media server."

I've read the support artical about this problem and enabled named pipe on my SQL server, but I noticed the pipe name is "\\.\pipe\sql\query" and I don't know if it's right since it's defult. Anyway after I enable named pipe, it still gives me the same error. I've tried change the value of "default media server" in regedit.exe to ip address of my server, still no luck. I also disabled the firewall on my laptop and server, but it seems that's not the problem.

Does anyone know what cause this problem and how to solve it?

Regards

Michael Lu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi 

This document refer to outook 2010 not supported yet but as per the document above you can subscribe to the document above so that any critical update regarding this for BE 2010 r2  when released should be emailed to you

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136247

So yes for now there is no such workaroud right now or any patch available unfortunately

But yes should be released soon as lot of customer have upgraded or upgrade to office 2010 so you will be able to use DLO client soon when patch realses from backupexec team

If this clear your dout please mark this post as solved

Thank You

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

Where is your network data folder , is that on backup server or on some remote server also please verify if your network data folder is shared & in permission section everyone has full access to that folder & then check i out should fix the issue

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Michael,

Have you made sure that DNS isn't an issue by doing an nslookup?

Can you ping that server via name (FQDN) and IP address?

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for replying, the backup folder is on the DLO server, also I've checked the permission and granted everyone full access to the folder, but I still get the same error. I've also ping the DLO server with server name and IP address, all came back normal.

Any ideas?

Regards

Michael Lu

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

Please check this link & see if that helps, Also do you have outlook 2010 on that computer?

Also please confirm

You ned to set the database name in your registry

hklm\software\symantec\DLO\3.0\Client\DefaltMediaServer = "Backup Server Name"

These might be wrong too they were on mine.
hklm\software\symantec\DLO\3.0\DB\DBInstance = 
hklm\software\symantec\DLO\3.0\DB\DBName = 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH62217

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35787

How many DLO client you have got because with backupexec you will only will be able to use 5 dlo users

Are your other client working & are able to connect to Media server

Thank You

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

About Outlouk 2010, yes I had it installed on the laptop. Also I've tried setting the "default media server" value to the server name and ip address, but they both return the same error. The value of "DBInstance" is "BKUPEXEC," and the "DBName " is "BE_DLO," I don't know if they are right since they were all default.

I've also checked the link you gave, about the second one, I did check the services.msc but I only find the "Backup Exec DLO administration" service and "SQL Server(MSSQLSERVER)" service, I can't see MSSQL$BACKUPEXEC nor MSSQL$BACKUPEXECDLO, I don't know if that's normal since my BE 2010 works fine.

About the number of clients since this is only in a test environment, there were only one client tried to connect, so that shuldn't be a problem.

Please help me, thanks.

Regards

Michael Lu

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

I have seen issue is past with outlook 2010 & BE 2010 DLO so for isolation if you can try uninstalling outlook 2010 & then check this again by uninstalling & reinstalling dlo client to see if that help

Thank You

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I wasn't able to uninstall Outlook 2010 because it came with Office Pro Plus and I can't find the installation media right now, but I've setup a virtual machine using VMware and installed the DLO agent, it works!

It looks like Outlook 2010 is causing this problem, and if that's the case, how can I solve this problem? Because all our laptop was upgraded to Office 2010 long time ago, I can't just tell everyone to downgrade to Outlook 2007 because we can't backup the new one!

So I really need a solution here, please help me!

Best Regards

Michael Lu

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

Is this BE 2010 r2 sp1 or there are no updates yet for backuppexec

Thank You

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi 

This document refer to outook 2010 not supported yet but as per the document above you can subscribe to the document above so that any critical update regarding this for BE 2010 r2  when released should be emailed to you

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136247

So yes for now there is no such workaroud right now or any patch available unfortunately

But yes should be released soon as lot of customer have upgraded or upgrade to office 2010 so you will be able to use DLO client soon when patch realses from backupexec team

If this clear your dout please mark this post as solved

Thank You

Michael_Lu
Level 3

Hi itsmeaffinity,

Thanks for being with me all the time, yes I update BE 2010 to SP1, but it seems like it still not supported, guess all I have to do now is wait for an update.

Thanks for answering

Michael Lu

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Welcome & appreciate your response & appreciation on same  :)

You have great day ahead was great working with you on this

See you soon in case you come with  some different issue....

Thank You