cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d - Unable to see SQL options for MSCS

MGregM
Level 3
I have a cluster set up using 2 nodes running Windows 2003, on this cluster I have 2 instances of MS SQL running, one 2008 and one 2005.

I have installed the BE Agent on the cluster nodes and on the SQL Cluster names but I am not seeing SQL as a selection option for either instance. I have the options for all the drives associated with these but not the SQL instance as you would see for a non-clustered server running SQL.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Have you licensed the SQL agent yet...?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As well as verifying that SQL serials are installed as Craig suggested, be aware that v10d will NOT support SQL 2008, but will support 2005

(see the v10d SCL at  http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278254.htm

MGregM
Level 3
Licensed the SQL agent how? Previous agent installations have shown the SQL instance after the reboot after installing the remote agent.

MGregM
Level 3

Then I should at least have the SQL 2005 instance reporting, until I update my version of Backup Exec.

CraigV
On the same server, or 2 different servers...?

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
Help > About in Backup Exec UI should show what agents you have installed and licensed. Not sure why you would have seen it before if turns out you don't have a license; could have been in Eval period (60 day period from first backup).

CraigV
Any news here?