cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Scheduling Jobs Monthly

rem64
Level 2
HI All,

I want to be able to run jobs for 14 servers over a montly period.  Sometimes there is a 5 week period.  I'm trying to figure this out how this will work. For example, if I set the 5th week backup job to run on the last day of the month and the differential jobs (week 5 jobs) to run from Tues - Sat (for this month the last sunday is on the 30th and Monday is the 31st. If I set the differentials to run on Mon - Sat the Tues - Sat dates will try and pull in the dates from the prior week based on the "last" setting for last week of the month.

Couple questions:

(1) Does anyone run the backup jobs in a similar way (over a 5 week rotation period)?
(2) Do you recommend creating one backup job for multiple servers?  Or one backup job for each server?  I have one server that will backup 150 gig over a week, another server that will backup 75GIG and yet another server that backs up 50 gig. The rest of the servers are smaller (estimated 1gig - 10gig).  What would you recommend I do based on these stats?

I'm a newbie and trying to figure this all out.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to any thoughts/recommendations/suggestions.

Regards,
Bob
2 REPLIES 2

rem64
Level 2

Nobody?????

:{

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

OK.
We'll use Friday's for this example.
In the schedule select the last friday for your Monthly job.
In the schedule select the 1st, 2nd and 3rd fridays for your Weeklies.
Then click Specific Dates and manually select the 4th friday's in the months where there are 5 weeks.

Does that make sense? There are not that many months a year with 5 weeks so it shouldn't be too much hassle.

I would recommend creating one job for all servers.

This makes it easier for management in terms of only needing one selection list for your job and one log to look at if you run into problems.

Hope this helps,

Gilly