cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 - backup job didn't stop automatically even the backup is completed and tape ejected

CIS_KAF
Level 2
All,

We are experiencing the subject problem running a backup job. The tape is already ejected but the actual backup job is still running so I have to cancel the job. Backup log is showing that the backup is completed successfully (no errors).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Ernie

5 REPLIES 5

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Quite possible , Even after completing the job and ejecting the tape , it's still occupying the resource (Tape drive ) 

Please verify if the same thing happens if the backup goes to the disk .

You can try repairing backup exec from Beutility and also confirm that you have symantec drivers installed on the drive 

CIS_KAF
Level 2
Hi Zaki,

You are correct, it seems that it is still occupying the resource even the tape was ejected. Once we put a new tape, the backup job stops immediately.

The Symantec drives were installed. As a matter of fact, we have 3 installations and 1 of them is OK. All installations are running on Windows Server 2003 and it stops automatically when I run the backup manually.

Thanks,

Ernie

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
this is a known problem (and has been since v7 that I know of)

See if there is an active alert to "remove tape and click OK"

As long as the alert is active, the job timer will continue to run.    You can either remove "Eject on End" from the job properties

or you can setup an auto-response to the alert

CIS_KAF
Level 2
Ken,

Just checked and there's no active alert - the job was created by Policies. Cannot find an alert anywhere option to "remove tape and click OK". We are using Backup Exec 12.5. But as soon as I inserted the tape again, the backup job stops/completed. Any other ideas or do I miss the location of the possible Alert option?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ernie

CIS_KAF
Level 2
Me again Ken,

Just double checked this morning and found an active and once I click it, the was completed. Category is Media Remove, description is Please remove the media from the deivce. Actually the tape is already ejected.

We have 3 installation and 1 has none of this problem. Could you or somebody guide me solve this issue? It could be just one tick...

Thanks again for any assistance.

Regards,

Ernie