cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Duplicating Backed Up Data

wmheid
Level 4

We have BE 20 with a CASO and 4 MMS servers that are using OST to attach to a DataDomain Box.  For legal purposes we have to keep our Monthly backups on tape for 12 months.

The MMS servers are attached to the DD Box and the CASO has a Tape Library attached to it.  I am trying to figure out how to take a media set on MMS1 and duplicate it to TL1 that is attached to the CASO.  We are using Policys and when I try to create a new template, it tells me that the MMS does not have access to the CASO even though I am creating the job on the CASO.

Anyone have any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wmheid
Level 4

Looks like I am trying to do the impossible.  It seems that Symantec will not allow you to go from MMS to MMS or MMS to CASO in a duplicate job.  The tape drive has to be attached to the same server as the B2D folder in order for this to work.  Real bummer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

teiva-boy
Level 6

If tape is on the CASO, but data accessible only from the MMS, perhaps what you need is SSO?  I'm no SSO guru (try CraigV)...

Though for some odd reason or another SSO may only work with SAN storage (this is what's going through my head at the moment), and not via a nework connection through the backup server to locally attached tape.  But you never know!

wmheid
Level 4

Looks like I am trying to do the impossible.  It seems that Symantec will not allow you to go from MMS to MMS or MMS to CASO in a duplicate job.  The tape drive has to be attached to the same server as the B2D folder in order for this to work.  Real bummer.