Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Macintosh

Giacomo_Milazzo
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

which is with BE2012 the main functionalities of the agent for Macintosh? Once installed does it work on a "file system" based way?

Can I use to perform a "raw device" backup, something like a BE System Recovery?

I know that with BE2012 the BESR functionalities are in some way included with the agent to create a "bare metal/disaster recovery" backup image. Is this possibile with Mac agent too?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

SDR (simplified disaster recovery which is the successor to IDR & has blended SSR capabilities) is only for Windows systems...

RAMS agent & even RALUS has improved over the previous versions in the fact it has support for open-files, however it not a complete solution for complete DR, i.e. you would have to reinstall the OS & then restore the data...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

SDR (simplified disaster recovery which is the successor to IDR & has blended SSR capabilities) is only for Windows systems...

RAMS agent & even RALUS has improved over the previous versions in the fact it has support for open-files, however it not a complete solution for complete DR, i.e. you would have to reinstall the OS & then restore the data...

Colin_Weaver

BE 20120 does file level backups (unless Virtualization ie involved) the use of SSR technology in the BE 2012 SDR process is down to how the bootable recovery CD works more than an actual change in how the backup is performed.

Giacomo_Milazzo
Level 4
Partner Accredited

It's not completely clear. Can you explain this in other way?

Thanks