cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1 Released

Turls
Level 6

Symantec has announced the global availability of Backup Exec 2012 SP1.  This service pack update to the Backup Exec 2012 product delivers enhancement requests that were received from our community in regards to the significant user interface changes introduced with the Backup Exec 2012 release. Here is a TECHNOTE that contains a list of known issues and enhancements resolved with Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1.

Please read the Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1 Announcement Blog for more details.

66 REPLIES 66

EliasA
Employee CPEP

I wanted to send out a note to everyone on this thread that we are in the process of uploading SP1a to the Symantec Live Update Servers. I'm expecting this update to be available for download through Live Update around 7pm EST (6/12/2012).

raelsprinkler
Level 2

Symantec dropped the ball BIG TIME; I have a call open.. someone was suppose to get back to me.. NO phone call, NO email. Now I get this information via Symantec Connect...???

Will SP1a fixed this problem.. has it been tested OR will I have more problems? I need someone to call me my Case # is 418-164-646

Thank you.

EliasA
Employee CPEP

Raelsprinkler,

I've passed along your note to our support managers to have someone give you a call.

Number5Alive
Level 2

What a relief! Thank you for the update. Keeping my update button ready for 7PM EST.

ndrogo
Not applicable

I hope it works, we have been haveing the same issues

clovett
Level 4

Downloading it now from Liveupdate...

Turls
Level 6

Backup Exec 2012 SP1a has been released today. Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a will replace/supercede the previously released Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1.

Here is a TECHNOTE that contains a list of known issues and enhancements resolved with Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a.

This thread is currently CLOSED. Please offer feedback and ask questions HERE!