Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Capacity base licence

Janaka_Sampath
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi

I purchased Backup Exec 2014 Capacity based licence and i want to know what are the options and features included in it. mainly Enterprice Server option included in this

Thnx

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Verbatim from the licensing guide:-

Backup  Exec  Capacity  edition includes access to all the Backup Exec agents and options and protects up to the license capacity purchased.

Link to licensing guide - http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-backup-exec-2014-licensing-guide-or-21329872.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

VJware
Level 6

Verbatim from the licensing guide:-

Backup  Exec  Capacity  edition includes access to all the Backup Exec agents and options and protects up to the license capacity purchased.

Link to licensing guide - http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/enterprise/other_resources/b-backup-exec-2014-licensing-guide-or-21329872.pdf

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The capacity based licensing only allows you to deploy an unlimited number of Agents for Applications and Databases. No other options, including ESO, are included. Do confirm this with the Symantec Licencing Department

VJware
Level 6

@pkh: If you have a look @ the licensing guide under the Capacity Edition, it states the following:-

The  following  backup  components  are  included:  

Backup  Exec  Server

All  agents  and  options

Each  TB  you  purchase  includes  1  Backup  Exec  Server  and  an  unlimited amount  of  agents  and  
options.

So in answer to the customer's query, all options including the ESO are part of the Capacity Edition.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
... then I am going to have a word with my reseller who told me that no options are included. Since I did not buy that license, I did not confirm this with the Symantec Licencing department