cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup system fail since conversion to 2012

Fabritec
Level 3

We upgraded Backup Exec 2010 R3 to 2012 last week and after recreating every backup job for every server, I've been having issues with the backup of the System State on the server with Backup Exec installed on.

Everynight I get an error that COM+ REGDB is corrupted and twice that WMI was corrupted (once last week and last night)

I ran a chkdsk last week-end and except for a few minor inconsistencies in the index, it did not find anything wrong.

I was told to try NTBackup and it doesn't encounter any errors.

Any idea what I can try to fix this problem?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fabritec
Level 3

pkh: It is enabled (I think it was by default)

Imosla: It didn't work just excluding the BE processes.

I put the WMI files and COM+ REGDB file in the antivirus exclusion list (Trend Micro) and I'm no longer getting the error.

When using NTBackup, I set the report to be verbose and I did a search of all the files with WMI.

It worked in my test backup and my nightly backup also.

I guess my 2010 R3 job wasn't setup exactly the same...

Thanks to everyone for your help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

lmosla
Level 6

Fabritwec,

You've probably ran all the available Live Updates but if you havent go ahead and do so. Also make sure that any that any AntiVirus that you have isnt scanning the Backup Exec processes located in:

·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beremote.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\benetns.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\pvlsvr.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BkUpexec.exe
·         C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should post all the error messages or attach the job log so that we can take a look at the problem.

Also, what is the OS of the media server?

Fabritec
Level 3

pkh: The server OS is Windows 2003 Standard SP2. All the messages are in french... 

Sauvegarde -- \\servername\System?StateV-79-57344-65247 - Une défaillance s'est produite lors de la lecture d'un objet.

V-79-57344-65247 - Une défaillance s'est produite lors de la lecture d'un objet.

Exceptions

Cliquez sur une exception ci-dessous pour la localiser dans le journal de travail.

Sauvegarde -- \\servername\System?StateAVERTISSEMENT : "\\servername\System?State\COM+ Class Registration Database\COM+ REGDB" est un fichier corrompu. Ce fichier ne peut pas vérifier.

AVERTISSEMENT : "\\servername\System?State\Windows Management Instrumentation\WMI" est un fichier corrompu. Ce fichier ne peut pas vérifier.

Vérification -- \\servername\System?State \\servername\System?StateAVERTISSEMENT : "COM+ REGDB" est un fichier corrompu. Ce fichier ne peut pas vérifier.

AVERTISSEMENT : "WMI" est un fichier corrompu. Ce fichier ne peut pas vérifier.

Thank you for your assistance

Fabritec
Level 3

Imosla: I have just added those files to the exclusion of the antivirus. I'll test it out in a few hours

The updates are all installed.

Thank you for your assistance

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In your job, did you enable AOF?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check below link and see if that helps

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38713

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42859

Thanks

Fabritec
Level 3

pkh: It is enabled (I think it was by default)

Imosla: It didn't work just excluding the BE processes.

I put the WMI files and COM+ REGDB file in the antivirus exclusion list (Trend Micro) and I'm no longer getting the error.

When using NTBackup, I set the report to be verbose and I did a search of all the files with WMI.

It worked in my test backup and my nightly backup also.

I guess my 2010 R3 job wasn't setup exactly the same...

Thanks to everyone for your help

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you tried the solution part given in above link ,if not give it a try once.

Thanks

Fabritec
Level 3

The File system uses asynchronous I/O is already checked by default...

For the other one, The OS is in french and the services are named differently, It truly is a pain to find the equivalent service... the traduction of the article isn't working either, the names it gives out aren't valid.

I might try later, but right now my backup is working...

Thank you

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Have you checked this 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/machine-translation

Thanks

Fabritec
Level 3

Yes, that's my I said the translation isn't working.

It's telling me to look for a service that doesn't exist (doesn't even make sense how it's translated either)

Edbert
Level 3

The best answer is to uninstall 2012 and put an older version back into production. I went from having 2 or 3 problems a year with my backup software to having 5-8 a week with 2012. It is still in beta and I refuse to test beta software in a production environment.