cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to IOMEGA DATA STORE 500

Wolfgang_Bruchh
Level 4
Hi, I'm running BE10.0 on a Win2000 SP4 Server and I connected an IOMEGA DATA-STORE 500 GB to the network. Assigned an IP-Adress to IOMEGA. However, I want to push baqckups to this device. How can I make the device appear in the devices list?
Any hint is appreciated?
3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Is this a NAS device?
If so, you have to make the server mount the drive in the NAS device, then add a backup-to-disk folder using the NAS storage.

Wolfgang_Bruchh
Level 4
Thanks, I could make the device appear by moving this into the "Workgroup" which is actually our Domain. This is kinda confusing within the IOMEGA NAS setup. However, that works so far and I could use it already as a B2D Folder.

However, the next problem raised up. I created the backup jobs as usual. Target: B2D (IOMEGA-NAS). The Backup of 80GB is backing up approximately 2GB and then stops, saying "Error: Device not responding". I tried different backup set settings (20GB in size and then 1GB in size) but that didn't change the situation.

Question: Why is the backup stopping during the job after some GB were already transfferred? I checked the NAS in Explorer and could access everything, so physically all was fine.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Wolfgang

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Is the backup to disk folder created on Nas?

-- What is the operating System on the Nas?

Thank You,

Shweta