cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CASO - Central Audit Log

BackupHound
Level 3
 ►

I have BUE2010R3 MMS & CASO, running on W2K8R2.

I would like to centralise the Audit Log from the MMS up to the CASO - is this possible?
I have looked at BEutil, but cant see any options.

Thanks y'all¿ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you won't be able to do that. You can limit to a small extent what other users on sites can do on their respective backup servers, but centralising the audit log isn't possible.

Head on over to the Ideas section above...might be worthwhile adding this as an idea for Symantec to consider for future versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

...by Audit log, if you mean the Job Log, then yes you can. You need to change where the MMS stores this information by using BEutility and choosing the option to centralise your job and media information.

Be aware that once you do this, if your CASO dies you'll have no backups running on the MMS until you get the CASO running again.

BackupHound
Level 3

Cheers Craig, but no I mean the Audit Log. (Tools, Audit Log)

I have the Job Log centralisation up and running, I'd just like to know whos making what changes on each of the MMS.

regards

CraigV

...you won't be able to do that. You can limit to a small extent what other users on sites can do on their respective backup servers, but centralising the audit log isn't possible.

Head on over to the Ideas section above...might be worthwhile adding this as an idea for Symantec to consider for future versions.

teiva-boy
Level 6

This is available to some degree in NetBackup today, which is 10x the cost for only 2x the performance boost..  maybe.  And a whole lot more complexity.

Since BackupExec has no role based administration (Like Netbackup), I can see why features like this are not possible nor included.