cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog a Tape

selman_ozceylan
Level 3

Hi,

I have done a LTO tape backup on a server name called FTH01. Now we changed the server name (re-installed OS) and when i try to inventory and catolog the LTO tape, it sees as a free media, i can see the label of tape but it looks like an empty tape. Is there any way to catolog that tape ?

Regards,

E.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Uncheck the option "Use storage media-based catalogs" and post an inventory, catalog the tape and check if you are able to view the contents or not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6

Does an entry with the old server name appear under the Backup & Restore tab ?

selman_ozceylan
Level 3

No, it doesn't. I have 4 tapes which has different server name, one of them made old server apper in backup restore tab but it also did not work, gives some error and stops. 

VJware
Level 6

What error do you receive ? And is the option "Use storage media-based catalogs" disabled ?

selman_ozceylan
Level 3

Use storage media-based catalogs is enable, since we re-installed operation system, i don't have logs anymore. Rightnow, when i inventory an old tape (from past OS which has different servername), i see the tape label but it looks like an empth tape.

VJware
Level 6

Uncheck the option "Use storage media-based catalogs" and post an inventory, catalog the tape and check if you are able to view the contents or not.