cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not established

GEA_Paul
Level 3

I am constantly getting the above message. I Have checked all the services are running using the same account name with no issue.

I have created a default logon account using the same credentials as the services are using

That account is both local admin and in the backup accounts group

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Ok Here was the answer. After removing and several restarts I installed the Backupexec 2014 and guess what. It was right back where I started. Connection not Established" Ok this is what solved the issue. I created a local account on the server (not Domain) gave that account admin rights.

Opened Backupexec, changed the services to use the new account to run them "only where the domain account" was using those services. Then whilst on the backup restore tab double clicked the server in the window below and changed the credentials here to use the new account.

Now restarted all services, and hey presto everything works.

What I do not understand is that the server originally had Backupexec 2012 using the domain service account to run the services and jobs. The domain service account had both local admin rights and was a member of the backup operators groups. When 2012 was removed no changes were made to the service account.

So what is the issue with 2014. What permission are different.?

Paul

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The BE's remote agent services should not be using the same account as that of the other services and should be running under the local system account.

Does the BE account have the rights as per this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Do you receive this message when you launch the BE console or during a backup or during another operation ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the BESA should be a domain admin account, not local admin.

Thanks!

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Hi

I get this message as soon as I start the console, which is actually preventing me from creating a backup job. For your information this is a new install not an upgrade.

The be remote agent is set to "log on suing local system"

The remainder are all using a domain service account which we use on many other servers using backupexec 2012/2014

Thanks Paul

CraigV

...is this a CASO environment perhaps? Otherwise, is the BE SQL service started up?

Thanks!

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Defo not a CASO, one server, one tape drive one job (Well when I can actually create it:-) ) No Remote agents all just the local server with the drive attached. I can insert a tape. Run an Inventory and a Catalogue.

Just cannot set up any jobs because of the message

CraigV

Open up BEutility.exe and run a repair of the BEDB and see if you get this issue after that.

Thanks!

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Hi Craig I get this

Starting database repair.
Stopping Services
Stopping services for server:SV42080FAA0010.
Server:SV42080FAA0010, Service:BackupExecJobEngine stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:SV42080FAA0010, Service:BackupExecManagementService failed to stop.
Error: (1061) - The service cannot accept control messages at this time.

Server:SV42080FAA0010, Service:BackupExecAgentBrowser failed to stop.
Error: (1051) - A stop control has been sent to a service that other running services are dependent on.

Server:SV42080FAA0010, Service:BackupExecRPCService failed to stop.
Error: (1051) - A stop control has been sent to a service that other running services are dependent on.

Server:SV42080FAA0010, Service:BackupExecDeviceMediaService failed to stop.

Stopping Services for server SV42080FAA0010 completed with errors.
Starting Services
Database repair for server SV42080FAA0010 ended with errors.

CraigV

Paul: try the TN below to comprehensively repair the BEDB...looks like this is the cause of your issue!

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239

Thanks!

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Hi Craig

I am going to set all the services to disabled, restart the server and remove the product, restart the server and check that all items uninstalled, remove and previous (left over) Directories. restart and re-install Drastic but getting desperate as I need to complete backups for tonight. 1 Hour remaining 3pm now

CraigV

...best of luck, hope you come right!

Thanks!

GEA_Paul
Level 3

Ok Here was the answer. After removing and several restarts I installed the Backupexec 2014 and guess what. It was right back where I started. Connection not Established" Ok this is what solved the issue. I created a local account on the server (not Domain) gave that account admin rights.

Opened Backupexec, changed the services to use the new account to run them "only where the domain account" was using those services. Then whilst on the backup restore tab double clicked the server in the window below and changed the credentials here to use the new account.

Now restarted all services, and hey presto everything works.

What I do not understand is that the server originally had Backupexec 2012 using the domain service account to run the services and jobs. The domain service account had both local admin rights and was a member of the backup operators groups. When 2012 was removed no changes were made to the service account.

So what is the issue with 2014. What permission are different.?

Paul